1/3 Photos of Chewy Brownie Cookies
Off a Golden Crisco package. WOW! Are these good! My husband and I couldn't stop eating (I'm ashamed to admit). We omit the nuts, as our daughters are allergic to peanuts (and it is difficult to find nuts that are not cross-contaminated).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups golden Crisco (or your fave shortening)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups large broken pecans or 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- 2Combine Crisco, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- 3Beat with mixer on low speed 1 minute or until creamy.
- 4Add beaten eggs.
- 5Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- 6Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating on low speed about 1 minute, or just until blended.
- 7Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- 8Drop by heaping spoonfuls* (about 2 TBSP for each cookie) on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake cookies, leaving about 7cm (3-inches) between cookies for spreading.
- 10Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 10-12 minutes.
- 11Cookies wil appear soft and moist when baked, but firm upon cooling.
- 12Cool 2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
- 13*Smallercookies can be made using 15mL (1 TBSP) dough for each cookie; Bake 8-10 minutes; makes about 6 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Brownie Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g