Recipe by JenfromOro
These little beauties are sooo delicious you will have trouble eating just one! Have had the recipe for a while and don't know where it came from. I love these more than Chocolate Chip.....
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12oz pkg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, water and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda and then mix into the creamed mixture. Beat at low speed until all is blended inches.
- Stir in Chocolate Chipits.
- Drop by the spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Cook for about 9-11 minutes depending on how chewy you like your cookies.