Recipe by Ceezie
This came from a Crisco package and is super yummy! These cookies taste just like a brownie with chips in them. I love them with white chocolate chips or a mix of white and milk chocolate. I have even just made these with no chips and frosted them.
Top Review by Karabea
These were good, but I agree with the other reviewer, they did not taste like a brownie. I did not think they were very chocolatey at all. I used swirled white chocolate/semisweet chocolate chips. They tasted good, which is why I am giving 4 stars, but this is not really what I was looking for, so I probably woul not make them again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup crisco butter flavor shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine brown sugar, all-vegetable shortening, water and vanilla extract; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat eggs into mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; mix into all-vegetable shortening mixture at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonsful 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 minutes, or until cookies are set.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- COOKIE VARIATION You can use any combination of chips for this recipe. For instance, 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1 cup white chocolate chips, or 1 cup peanut butter chips and 1 cup of chocolate chips, or 1 cup chopped nuts and 1 cup of chips, etc.