Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I looked high and low for the perfect blondies. I love them chewy not cake like and the walnuts are such a good accent to the brown sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine Crisco and milk in large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave approx 1 minute at 50%. Remove and stir. Repeat as needed till melted.
- Stir in sugar and then add egg and stir quickly.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix in w/ sugar mixture.
- Add nuts and vanilla.
- Spread in 8 x 8 greased pan.
- Cook 350° for 25 minutes.
ok I have tried this recipe twice and realized that (a) real butter works good if not a fan of crisco did not come out greasy at all and the fake me out butter/margarine made it more cakey the second time around not sure what happened. (b) this recipe is just a starting off point in other words get creative, i added a hand full of chocolate chips, hand full of white chocolate chips, walnuts and those Heath Bar candy chips the first time and it was chocolatey, salty and sweet all in one bite. maybe next time some dried cherries or cranraisin with the dark choc and nuts.
This is a wonderful recipe! I loved it as written and also as a base for additions. I added pecans, dried cherries and almond extract. Wow.. I am really excited to find this one so I can experiment with flavors. Thanks for posting it.
This recipe was easy and very good. I used plain Crisco and pecans. I put batter in 2 pie tins for thinner and tasty brownies.