1/2 Photos of Chewy Apricot Coconut Bars (Diabetic)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 5 teaspoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup almonds (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried apricot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, finely diced
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Using a mixer, beat eggs, Splenda and almond flavoring in medium bowl. Blend in in margarine and vanilla.
- 3Measure out the flour and combine 1 tablespoon with the diced apricots to get the fruit to separate into bits.
- 4Combine the rest of the flour with the baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir into egg mixture. Fold in coconut, hazelnuts or almonds, and floured apricots.
- 5Spread batter evenly in greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- 6Bake until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 7Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Apricot Coconut Bars (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 139.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: