1/3 Photos of Chewy Apple-Oatmeal Bars
A wonderful chewy treat, great for kid's lunchboxes and they freeze well, these bars can also be baked in a 11x7-inch baking pan.
My Private Note
dozen b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (can use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 1/4 cups light-brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (can use vanilla or 1 teaspoon each)
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut, chopped
- mini chocolate chips (optional) or nuts (optional)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- 4In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- 5In another bowl, beat the butter, Crisco shortening and brown sugar until smooth and creamy (about 5 minutes).
- 6Add in egg and vanilla; beat well until combined.
- 7Stir in the flour mixture, oatmeal, chopped apples, coconut, nuts or chocolate chips (if using) mix well to combine.
- 8Spread into prepared baking pan.
- 9Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until bars tests done.
- 10Cool and sift the confectioners sugar over top.
- 11Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Apple-Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1482.4
- Calories from Fat 538
- Total Fat 59.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 1381.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 231.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 165.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g