1/1 Photo of Chewy and Fudgy Brownies Made with Milk Chocolate
1 hr 5 mins
Milk chocolate variation of my chewy and fudgy brownies that I developed to use-up some extra milk chocolate that I had around after x-mas.... A bit lighter than the other, good compromise taste for those that aren't instense chocoholics. Lots of options!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 1/2 ounces milk chocolate pieces (give or take)
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (245 gms)
- 2 cups sugar (400 gms)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups toasted nuts, finely chopped (171 gms) (optional)
- 1 cup any flavor chocolate chips (170 gms or more) (optional)
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces (75 gms or more) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- 2Toast nuts on a foil lined sheet pan until fragrant, about 7-9 minutes.
- 3While nuts are toasting break chocolate up into small pieces and place in a medium microwave safe bowl with the butter.
- 4Melt Butter with chocolate in the microwave, about 2 mins at 50% power.
- 5Stir and continue to microwave at 50% power as required, stirring every 60 seconds.
- 6This can also be done over a double boiler.
- 7Allow chocolate mixture and roasted nuts to cool.
- 8Meanwhile lightly beat eggs and vanilla in a small bowl and prepare a 13x9 pan (metal preferred) by lining it pan with foil (or parchment) and grease.
- 9Leave enough overhang on the lining to lift the brownies out of the pan when done.
- 10In a heavy duty plastic bag smash nuts with a rolling pin until well crushed, add dry and optional ingredients.
- 11Shake to combine.
- 12This can be done in a bowl if you prefer.
- 13Slowly pour egg mixture into chocolate while stirrin, mixture will thicken slightly.
- 14Add dry ingredients in three batches, fully incorporating each addition as you go.
- 15Spread mixture into prepared pan with an angled spatula or a large spoon.
- 16Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out just slightly moist.
- 17Cooking time varies all over the place depending on type of pan and your oven.
- 18I use natural aluminum pans, have a calibrated thermometer and keep a pizza stone in the oven for consistancy.
- 19Whatever you do to insure that that you don't over cook, simply start checking when they start to smell like brownies!
- 20You can rotate the pan halfway through the cooking process to even things out if desired.
- 21Cool in the pan on a rack.
- 22Remove from pan by lifting liner, place on a cutting board and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy and Fudgy Brownies Made with Milk Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 99.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g