Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great cookie for the holidays. Plan to chill the dough overnight. From Taste of Home.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and extracts; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 1-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap; cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes before removing to wire racks.