Recipe by Marz
My friend in the neighborhood passed me this cookie recipe. She made it for a play date and I just had to ask for the recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 cups oatmeal, not quick cooking
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and raisins. Cover and allow to stand for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, beat the margarine and sugars together until completely combined. On low speed, gradually beat in the flour mixture. Add the egg mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the oatmeal and the chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes, until set but still slightly soft. Cool 2 minutes on the sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Cool cookie sheets before repeating with remaining dough.