Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an old recipe that is a favorite, especially during the Christmas holiday.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box brown sugar, dark
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix brown sugar and butter or margarine.
- Add eggs, one at a time stirring well each time.
- Add flour, vanilla, and dates. Mix well.
- Bake in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares.