- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar (2 1/4 cups packed)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (3 1/2 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position and prehead oven to 300 degrees, then butter a 9"x13" baking pan.
- Whisk together brown sugar and flour in a large bowl until combined well, then whisk in eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until combined- Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into baking pan, smoothing top, and bake until edges are golden and puffed, about 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack at least 10 minutes, then cut into 24 bars.