Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cut into bars, this dessert is more like a blondie than a sweet bread. A moist center contributes to its chewy texture. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar (2 1/4 cups packed)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (3 1/2 ounces)
- Put oven rack in middle position and prehead oven to 300 degrees, then butter a 9"x13" baking pan.
- Whisk together brown sugar and flour in a large bowl until combined well, then whisk in eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until combined- Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into baking pan, smoothing top, and bake until edges are golden and puffed, about 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack at least 10 minutes, then cut into 24 bars.
not the recipe I was hoping for.......more cake-like than chewy :(
a girl i work with brought these to work and they were OH SO GOOD! so i looked up the recipe here on zaar...the taste is exactly as hers..but something is off on the cooking time or temp here cause they were not finished after 40 minutes...i am thinking the temp was off here. taste is sooo good..just still gooeey