1/4 Photos of Chevy's Sweet Corn Tamalitos
1 hr 10 mins
Miss Erin's Note:
I started seeing this delightful little scoop of heaven on the edge of my plate at a few of the Mexican restaurants around town, so I decided make it at home. This recipe is actually the recipe they use at Chevy's, which I found published in the local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix the margarine, masa and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- 2Blend 1/2 the corn kernels with the water in a blender until smooth.
- 3Combine with margarine mixture, stirring well.
- 4Add the remaining corn, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and milk.
- 5Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- 6Pour the mixture into an 8-inch baking dish.
- 7Tightly cover with plastic wrap and set atop the saucepan of boiling water.
- 8Keep pan tightly wrapped and steam for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 9Check water level often, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 10I have also made this in the oven, setting the pan in a water bath.
- 11I do not know the temp I had the oven on, or how long I kept it inches If anyone tries it, please add that info.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chevy's Sweet Corn Tamalitos
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 375.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g