1/2 Photos of Chevy's Salsa - Original Recipe
My buen amigo Pablo works at Chevy's and was nice enough to share this with me. He said you can adjust the number of peppers to you "heat" liking. There is no liquid smoke added like other knock offs claim. The key to the smokey flavor is the char-grilling that takes place first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill on open flame tomatoes, onion and jalapeno pepper.
- 2Remove when slightly chared and tomatoes soften and split.
- 3Remove from grill and let cool.
- 4Drain accumulated liquid.
- 5Remove stems from jalapenos and end core ends of tomatoes.
- 6Place tomatoes, onions, jalapeno pepper, and all remaining ingredients into blender.
- 7Blend until desired consistancy (approx 10 seconds).
- 8Pour into container and chill.
- 9Serve and enjoy with your favorite chips.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chevy's Salsa - Original Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 25.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 470.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g