Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These differ slightly from the more conventional mushrooms which are stuffed mostly with dry ingredients. This has a creamy base which is lovely. I have substituted mild blue cheese, and also boursin for the Chevre, and that is also wonderful.
- 10 ounces stuffing mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces chevre cheese or 4 ounces other mild goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Clean and remove cap from stuffing mushrooms.
- Melt butter in frying pan and saute mushrooms until they lose some of their water. Remove mushrooms to a small cookie sheet and cool slightly.
- Fill the cavity with a spoonful of Chevre. Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs. Dust tops with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350° oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tasty little morsels these are, and so easy to make. Thank you for sharing.
Wonderful stuffed mushrooms! I used the chevre cheese. I sprinkled them with parsley before baking. I will definitely make these again. Thanx for sharing!