1/1 Photo of Chestnuts Roasted on an Open Fire
On the first snowy day, get the outdoor fire-pit going, Put on Dean Martin's version of the song, and sing along while enjoying the season! NOTE: You will need a cheap frying pan
My Private Note
- 1Take a cheap old frying pan, and using a hammer and large nail, or drill bit, make about 10 holes in the bottom.
- 2Put an X in the skin of each chestnut. Heat pan over flame. Add chestnuts and using a spray bottle, spray with water.
- 3Return to flame, shake pan slowly and constantly for about 15 min., occasionally spritzing with more water. (will require more yuletide songs).
- 4Place chestnuts into large metal bowl, sprinkle with salt, and toss. Place chestnuts into 8 small brown bags, sprinkle a dash more salt into bag, and serve. (or sell em on the street corner for a nickel like they did in the ol' days)!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chestnuts Roasted on an Open Fire
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.2
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g