From St. Louis Post-Dispatch - 11-30-1998.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Make two 1/2-inch slits with a sharp knife in the shell of each chestnut.
- 3Place chestnuts and oil in a deep saucepan; cook slowly for 5 minutes, shaking the pan frequently.
- 4Transfer chestnuts to a baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove; let cool.
- 6In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, melted butter, onion, salt, parsley and pepper.
- 7Remove chestnut shells and skins with the aid of a sharp knife.
- 8Mash the nuts; add to other ingredients.
- 9Use as stuffing for a turkey.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chestnut Stuffing for Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 571.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g