Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2007, this looked delicious. Haven't made it yet though.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup unsweetened chestnut puree
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 4 egg whites
- unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the puree, sugar, milk and brandy until smooth. Beat in egg yolks until well combined. Wash beaters thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the beaten whites into the chestnut mixture. Turn into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart souffle dish.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with unsweetened whipped cream if desired.