Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine about 6 years ago. I made this a few years later, and loved it! It was a fun alternative to make around the holidays. It was hard to find the chestnuts, but if you have a "World Market" store around, they sell a jar of chestnuts around the holidays for a fairly reasonable cost. I had never had chestnuts before, and was surprised when I opened the jar to find they are semi-soft, and very easy to work with. Enjoy!
- Cook bacon in 2 tbsp butter until crisp on edges.
- Add shallot and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add chestnuts and water, simmer until liquid is reduced. Discard garlic.
- Transfer to bowl, mash to paste with fork and add parsley and parmesan.
- Season lightly with a dash of salt.
- Fill won ton wrappers with mixture. Lightly brush the edges of the wrappers with water and press closed.
- Brown 3 tbsp butter, stir in sage and season lightly with salt.
- Boil ravioli in water for 2-3 min until it rises to top.
- Remove from water and cook in butter sauce 1 minute.
- Serve, and enjoy!