This recipe is posted for a request for "Chestnut puree". I found this recipe at chestnutgrowers.com.au. Cooking time is estimated as recipe does not state complete cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shell the chestnuts by making a shallow incision ONLY in the round portion of each nut.
- 2Put chestnuts on a baking sheet in a very small amount of water and bake at 240 degrees C for 7 to 8 mins; set aside to cool.
- 3Remove nuts from shells.
- 4Place the chestnuts, milk and vanilla bean in a saucepan and heat to simmering.
- 5Simmer until all liquid has evaporated and chestnuts are tender.
- 6Rub the chestnuts through a sieve to puree.
- 7Remove from heat and let cool.
- 8Add Cognac or Brandy and blend until smooth.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chestnut Puree
Serving Size: 1 (1038 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 82.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: