Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is posted for a request for "Chestnut puree". I found this recipe at chestnutgrowers.com.au. Cooking time is estimated as recipe does not state complete cooking time.
- 400 g fresh chestnuts, in shell
- water, as needed
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons cognac or 3 tablespoons brandy
- Shell the chestnuts by making a shallow incision ONLY in the round portion of each nut.
- Put chestnuts on a baking sheet in a very small amount of water and bake at 240 degrees C for 7 to 8 mins; set aside to cool.
- Remove nuts from shells.
- Place the chestnuts, milk and vanilla bean in a saucepan and heat to simmering.
- Simmer until all liquid has evaporated and chestnuts are tender.
- Rub the chestnuts through a sieve to puree.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add Cognac or Brandy and blend until smooth.