Recipe by mollypaul
A neat dip for the holidays adapted from a recipe developed by Julie Rhoads, Center for Agroforestry, University of Missouri.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled blanched chestnuts
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the chestnuts about the size of a popcorn kernel or smaller.
- Rinse thawed spinach in water and drain very thoroughly in a small colander.
- Chop in small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate mixture at least 6 hours to soften the dried vegetables and combine flavors.
- Serve with crackers, raw veggies.