Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty, flavourful soup perfect for Christmas starters or a lunch for the days when you've eaten too much :) and fancy a healthier alternative - so simple, really tasty and a bit spicy, yum!
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for five minutes.
- then add the chestnuts and simmer for a further three minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer until everything is tender.
- Allow the soup to cool a little, then liquidise it in batches.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the chorizo and simmer for a few minutes, or until hot.
- Serve with the parsley as garnish.
A very creative recipe, and quite tasty. However, the chorizo dominates the flavor. I was looking forward to getting to taste chestnuts for the first time, but I'm still not sure what they taste like.
Also, one thing I would change is the prep time. We started making this recipe at 6:50 p.m. and couldn't eat it until 8 p.m. We had just harvested the chestnuts from our tree, and it took about 30 minutes to score them, boil them and peel their shells off. Then it also takes a while to chop the garlic, onion and tomatoes. Definitely more effort than 25 minutes.