1/4 Photos of Chestnut and Butternut Squash Bisque (Vegan)
Adapted from a recipe by Chestnut Charlie's in Lawrence, KS. Very "creamy" and comforting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast chestnuts as follows: cut a shallow X through the skin, place in a covered pan, and bake in the oven at 375 until the nuts are tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes or so, then peel while still warm.
- 2Clean and cube the squash. Boil in salted water about 10 minutes or until tender. Let cool about 5 minutes, then pull of the peels.
- 3Heat the oil in a deep, heavy pan. Add onion, carrot, and celery, then season with salt and pepper. Cook about 3 minutes. Add the chestnuts, cover with broth and simmer gently until vegetables and chestnuts are quite soft. Add more broth, if necessary.
- 4Blend the mixture with an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender or food processor, to make a puree. Return to the pot and gently reheat. Add the soy milk and parsley. Do not boil. Serve with good French bread and salad.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chestnut and Butternut Squash Bisque (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: