A delicious gravy that really adds flavour to dishes. It is particularly good for vegetable based dishes. It can be made ahead and stored overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and fry the carrot, celery, leek and half the onion over a low heat until soft.
- 2Add bay leaves, wine, herbs and stock. Bring to the boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- 3Strain gravy into a jug and discard the veg. Add soy and yeast extract (season with a good twist of black pepper if desired) and return to the pan.
- 4Add the chestnuts and remaining onion to the gravy and simmer for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chestnut and Bay Leaf Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 235.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: