Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crispy, flaked and juicy fried chicken. I got this recipe from Chester who also attened a culinary class at CFJP. Chester recommends that if you have not had much experience frying chicken start with the drumsticks. When I made this I seasoned the chicken as directed, but for my family this was to salty, so next time I'll just season my flour. I did use 1 cup of flour and coated 6 chicken drumsticks. I used my deep fryer and fryed the chicken 15 minutes.
- soul seasoning (Chester uses store bought, you can use garlic powder, onion powder instead)
- goya seasoning (orange and white box)
- flour (1/2-1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 4 -5 chicken drumsticks (or 4-5 pieces of chicken)
- Mix sesaoning together season chicken very well with some of the seasoning. Place flour in a bag and season the flour also with some of the seasoning.
- Place chicken in seasoned flour. Whisk egg. Dip floured chicken in egg wash, then place dipped chicken back into flour and shake well until completely coated.
- Heat oil in pan or deep fryer until hot.
- Fry chicken until golden color in deep fryer until the chicken floats (this takes about 5 minutes each side). The chicken should float when it's finished frying.
- Set fryed chicken on paper towels a couple minutes to drain.