Recipe by Juenessa
These are a very moist, buttery cookie bar.
Top Review by Epi Curious
Made these today for Bunco and couldn't resist sampling to compare your recipe to mine. (The only difference is that you double the vanilla and also have vanilla in the crust). Yours wins! These rock! Anyone who likes chess pie or buttermilk pie will like these even more...more "solid", love the way the top puffs up. BTW, had to save some for my kids or they'd never speak to me again...GREAT, quick & easy recipe. Thanks so much!
- 1 box butter recipe cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, 1 egg, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix well.
- Spread in a greased and floured 9 X 13 pan.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Combine remaining 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, cream cheese and powdered sugar and beat well with mixer.
- Spread over cake mix mixture.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate squares.