Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the Homestead Restaurant in Lexington, Kentucky.
- 1 (9 inch) prepared basic flaky pie pastry, partially baked
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons salted butter or 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the filling ingredients; whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into cooled pie shell.
- Place the pie on the center rack of a 350° oven and bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- About halfway through the baking time, rotate pie 180°.
- When done, the pie will be a rich golden brown.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool at least 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or slightly chilled.