Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
The saltiness of the cheese just complements and brings out the juicy sweetness of the watermelon. This salad is lightly dressed with oil and vinegar. From "The Great British Kitchen" published by the British Food Trust.
- 3 1⁄4 lbs watermelon, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces cheshire cheese or 6 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, gently combine the watermelon, cheese, and parsley; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, and juice; pour over salad.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
It's very fresh and tasty. I only omitted the parsley. I liked the watermelon and feta. Sweet and salty. The dressing is just perfect. DH liked it but not as much as me. It's not his thing sweet and salty. Thanks threeovens :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
This salad was a pleasant surprise! I couldn't find cheshire cheese so just used plain goat cheese. Loved the dressing on this; it brought out the flavor of the cheese and watermelon without overpowering anything. The herby parsley was a great final touch. Really enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
Very refreshing with an interesting combination of flavors. I made it exactly as written using Cheshire cheese. Like another reviewer, I've made this for breakfast. I would be a wonderful accompaniment for a barbecued meal. Made for ZWT8