Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A savory custard from the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, cut into thirds
- 3 large ears of corn, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- salt and pepper (cayenne may be used)
- Scrape kernels from ears of corn and add to shrimp.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Add milk, parsley, butter and seasonings.
- Combine with shrimp and corn.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a greased baking dish and set dish in a pan of hot water.
- Bake one hour at 350F or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.