Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A supper using leftover crab or a pot luck seafood dish; requested in recipe post. I got this out of my "Best Loved Casseroles" recipe book.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups unseasoned croutons
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4oz)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, remove shell and cartillage
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place butter or margarine in baking dish and heat in oven until melted, tilting to coat dish.
- Remove dish from oven and sprinkle croutons over melted butter and sprinkle with cheese; set aside.
- Combine the milk, egg and all 4 seasonings and mix well.
- Pour over cheese/crouton mixture and sprinkle with crabmeat.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until mixture is set.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Hi Dancing, I left a review on the recipe above in 2003 and I really hate giving a bad review so I tried the recipe again with some leftover crap we had. I changed the recipe by using montery spicy jack and increased the old bay seasoning to 1 tsp. Sorry about tweeking it but I love crab and just had to try. It still needs a little something, just haven't figured it out yet. but I will keep trying lol thanks for the recipe. Dancer^
I'm sorry this did not turn out well for the two rating chefs; I did not try this dish and posted it as a request. I appreciate both your honest opinion about this recipe! :)