Recipe by katie in the UP
This was a success at a wine and cheese party..everyone brought something...this was my contribution..with a good California Wine!! **update** I did change the recipe to read 4 tbls instead of 1/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning It was easier to dig out of the can with a measuring spoon then to dump it into a measuring cup. Sorry if it caused any confusion. 4 TBLS = 1/4 CUP
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 bunch of minced green onion
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning (to garnish)
- serve with cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all excess shell from crabmeat
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, butter, green onions, old bay seasoning and horseradish. while mixing gradually add crabmeat. Divide mixture into two balls.
- Refrigerate the balls for at least one hour.
- On a piece of waxed paper, mix the parsley and old bay seasoning.
- Remove crab balls from the refrigerator and roll them on the wax paper until they are completely coated.