1/1 Photo of Chesapeake Chowder
1 hr 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1/2 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 5 red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1Peel and devein shrimp; drain and flake crabmeat, removing any bits of shell; set seafood aside.
- 2Saute onion, garlic, and celery in hot oil in a pan over med-high heat for 8 minutes, until tender.
- 3Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 4Stir in broth and the next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil; cover, decrease heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Stir in shrimp, crabmeat, and heavy cream; cook over low heat 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 6Garnish with parsley; serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chesapeake Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (2964 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 490.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning