Recipe by emtpixie
I love Old Bay Seasoning and was looking for new ways to use it. I had several "coastal creations" as I call them and this one is one that people enjoy the most out of them. And by the way, your house is going to smell like a seaside seafood restaurant while this is cooking!
Top Review by Carianne
I'm a Maryland girl at heart...I love Old Bay! I used chicken thighs (boneless, skineless), and took the liberty of adding extra veggies from my fridge: one green bell pepper, one sweet potato, two zucchini. Delicious and incredibly easy--great idea for summer entertaining!
- 4 lbs whole chickens or 4 lbs chicken pieces (Breasts work well too.)
- 8 -12 white potatoes or 8 -12 yellow potatoes or 8 -12 red potatoes
- 2 large yellow onions or 2 large vidalia onions
- 8 -12 stalks celery
- 8 -12 carrots
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove skin from chicken if necessary and clean chicken well.
- Scrub potatoes very well being careful not to rip the thin skins on red potatoes if using, if using white or yellow potatoes only peel them if the skins are tough or hopelessly dirty.
- Quarter large potatoes and halve medium to small potatoes.
- Peel and quarter onions.
- Scrub celery and remove ends, cut long celery ribs in half.
- Scrub carrots and remove ends, cut thick carrots in half.
- In a large roasting pan arrange chicken pieces in a single layer if using pieces or place whole chicken in center of pan.
- Place potatoes, onions, celery, and carrots randomly around edges of pan beside chicken.
- Pour white wine over chicken and vegetables making sure to pour wine over entire contents of pan.
- Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning over chicken, use less for a milder spice, and more for a spicier flavor.
- Put lid on roaster or cover with aluminum foil.
- Place pan in oven and bake on 350 degrees 1 hour and thirty minutes.
- Remove from oven and check for doneness.
- Stick thickest pieces of chicken or thickest part of breast on whole chicken, if juices run clear the chicken is done, if juices are pink or red return pan to oven and continue to bake at 350 degrees for 30 more minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and check chicken for doneness again, if still not done repeat process until juices run clear.