1/1 Photo of Chesapeake Chicken
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I love Old Bay Seasoning and was looking for new ways to use it. I had several "coastal creations" as I call them and this one is one that people enjoy the most out of them. And by the way, your house is going to smell like a seaside seafood restaurant while this is cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Remove skin from chicken if necessary and clean chicken well.
- 3Scrub potatoes very well being careful not to rip the thin skins on red potatoes if using, if using white or yellow potatoes only peel them if the skins are tough or hopelessly dirty.
- 4Quarter large potatoes and halve medium to small potatoes.
- 5Peel and quarter onions.
- 6Scrub celery and remove ends, cut long celery ribs in half.
- 7Scrub carrots and remove ends, cut thick carrots in half.
- 8In a large roasting pan arrange chicken pieces in a single layer if using pieces or place whole chicken in center of pan.
- 9Place potatoes, onions, celery, and carrots randomly around edges of pan beside chicken.
- 10Pour white wine over chicken and vegetables making sure to pour wine over entire contents of pan.
- 11Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning over chicken, use less for a milder spice, and more for a spicier flavor.
- 12Put lid on roaster or cover with aluminum foil.
- 13Place pan in oven and bake on 350 degrees 1 hour and thirty minutes.
- 14Remove from oven and check for doneness.
- 15Stick thickest pieces of chicken or thickest part of breast on whole chicken, if juices run clear the chicken is done, if juices are pink or red return pan to oven and continue to bake at 350 degrees for 30 more minutes.
- 16Remove pan from oven and check chicken for doneness again, if still not done repeat process until juices run clear.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chesapeake Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.5
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 502.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning