Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the seafood lover.
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, flaked
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon original Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb, divided
- 1 (17 ounce) boxmrs. t's potato and cheddar pierogies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine crabmeat, scallion, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, Tabasco sauce, and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Shape mixture into four crab cakes. Dredge crab cakes in remaining breadcrumbs and place on plate; cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Sprinkle pierogies with remaining 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning.
- Sauté pierogies in a 12-inch skillet as box directs; remove to plate.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add crab cakes; cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side, adding more oil if necessary.
- Serve crab cakes and pierogies on serving platter. Makes 4 servings. You can also serve with a tossed salad.