Recipe by lazyme
A quick soup from Bon Appetit 30-Minute Main Courses. It reminds me of a Manhattan Clam Chowder and you can substitute clams for the crab if you like.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 16 ounces Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 large potato, 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 12 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot and cook until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid; break up tomatoes.
- Add chicken broth, water, clam juice, wine, potato, Worcestershire sauce and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add peas to soup and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add crabmeat, parsley and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer until crabmeat is heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.