Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; loved by my family
Top Review by AD #2
These were fantastic! Flavor was spot on.
Having read other folks' issues with their crab cakes falling apart, I used a muffin pan as a mold, and refrigerated the whole thing for about 20 mins before breading them. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in crabmeat and next 9 ingredients.
- Mix well, and shape into 8 patties.
- Coat with additional breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4-inch into a heavy skillet.
- Fry cakes in hot oil (375 degrees) for 4-5 minutes on each side.