Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Southern Living; loved by my family
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- vegetable oil
- Saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in crabmeat and next 9 ingredients.
- Mix well, and shape into 8 patties.
- Coat with additional breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4-inch into a heavy skillet.
- Fry cakes in hot oil (375 degrees) for 4-5 minutes on each side.
These were fantastic! Flavor was spot on.
Having read other folks' issues with their crab cakes falling apart, I used a muffin pan as a mold, and refrigerated the whole thing for about 20 mins before breading them. Thanks!
I have never made Crab Cakes before, I was pleased how easy it was. A great recipe, better than any I have had at the well known Restaurants. I also chilled them for about 2 hours before I cooked them, and they were just great. Thank you for putting this one on the site - Try it, you won't be disappointed!!
I'm not going to assign stars because I'm just not very good at pan frying so I think any deficiency is of MY making, not the recipe's. These were very tasty but frying 4 to 5 minutes on each side would be WAY too long ... but that may be my problem. I wanted the oil hot enough to fry and not soak the patties with oil and I thought I had that achieved. But the patties came out darker than I thought they should. Very very tasty though and even with my inexpertise, my husband said they were "close" to five star and better than he has had in many restaurants. I will work on my pan frying technique. Thank you for posting!