1/6 Photos of Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes
Southern Living; loved by my family
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- vegetable oil
- 1Saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- 2Remove from heat; stir in crabmeat and next 9 ingredients.
- 3Mix well, and shape into 8 patties.
- 4Coat with additional breadcrumbs.
- 5Pour oil to a depth of 1/4-inch into a heavy skillet.
- 6Fry cakes in hot oil (375 degrees) for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 333.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning