Recipe by KittyKitty
These are the best! I made these for our Christmas party one year, and they were gone so fast, I didn't even get one. You have to use reall fresh crabmeat, and make sure the pieces are not too big, and never, never use imitation crab.
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green peppers
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups soft breadcrumbs, toasted and divided (homemade)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and green pepper in butter in a large skiller over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender. remove from heat, stir in crabmeat, 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs, parsley, and next 7 ingredients. Shape mixture into 8 patties; dredge patties in remaining breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to 1/4 inch depth into a large heavy skillet. Fry patties in hot oil over medium high heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Garnish.
- Serve with hor cocktail sauce and tartar sauce.