1/1 Photo of Cheryl's Whole Wheat Crock Pot Lasagna
405 hrs 20 mins
An easy-to-throw-together lasagna that is done in the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 16 ounces bob evans zesty hot sausage roll
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 32 ounces tomato sauce (I use 4-8 ounce cans of Contadina or Hunts)
- 12 ounces tomato paste (I use 2-6 ounce cans of Contadina)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 16 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles (I use Hodgsdon Mills)
- 16 ounces fat free mozzarella cheese (I use the Weight Watchers Shredded Mozzarrella)
- 1Brown the ground beef, sausage and garlic.
- 2Add onion (if using), tomato sauce, paste and spices and cook long enough to get it warm. Turn to low and cover.
- 3In the meantime, mix the cottage cheese, ricotta, eggs and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- 4Spoon about a 1/3 layer of the meat sauce mixture onto the bottom of the crock pot.
- 5Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the meat sauce. I break them in half, so that they fit.
- 6Top with about 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- 7Repeat: sauce, noodles, cheese - until all are used up. I like to sprinkle a little more parmesan cheese on the top.
- 8Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or so.
- 9Reduce to low and cook another 2-3 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheryl's Whole Wheat Crock Pot Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.5 mg
- Sodium 2481.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 67.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
zesty hot sausage roll
fat-free ricotta cheese
reduced-fat parmesan cheese