Recipe by senseicheryl
Something I just threw together today...4 points per serving if you can get 8 servings out of it! NOTE regarding the spices. I really don't measure these. I just kind of throw them in so the amounts listed can be adjusted per your tastes. By the way, the Cracker Girl All-Purpose Seasoning is something that I ordered online by way of a friend's recommendation. I imagine you can use whatever all-purpose seasoning blend that you prefer. :-)
Top Review by nocheeseplease
Whoa! This was awesome! I'm totally craving it and just finished up a batch last week. I think the serving size is pretty right on - it's a small bowl, but paired with some oyster crackers it's pretty filling and under 250 cal. Next time I'll definitely cut back on the jalapenos though. My mouth was on fire!!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 340.19 g bag onions, frozen, chopped
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 2 (850.48 g) can great northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 9.85 ml mustard powder
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 219.70 g can jalapenos, chopped
- 4.92 ml Cracker Girl all-purpose seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn your crock pot on high.
- Chop the chicken breasts into smaller pieces. I use my mini-chopper for this (it resembles ground chicken breast).
- On stovetop, brown the chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add everything to your crockpot and allow to cook about 5 hours.