Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the treat that is the most requested at Potlucks and at the office with the girls. Betcha' can't eat just one! Make sure that if you do bring them anywhere, that you also bring copies of the recipe. It makes a large batch. Plenty enough to share....or not.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup artificial sweetener, I use Splenda
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (I use a mixture of 1/2 cup light and 1/2 cup dark)
- 4 large eggs (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (this is where you can go crazy, try milk chocolate, peanut butter, peanut butter or chocolate, butte)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Cream butter & sugars until pale brown and thick; add the eggs one at a time and then add vanilla.
- Stir in chips, then add the flours, baking powder & salt. Be careful at this point because it makes a large batch and the powdery ingredients can go everywhere!
- Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 24 squares.