Recipe by senseicheryl
This is by far the creamiest, best tasting peanut butter pie that I have ever tasted. Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention...the secret ingredient is: TOFU
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) container lite firm tofu
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light soymilk, I use a brand called SILK
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute, stirring after the first 30 seconds or so. Stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Drain the tofu and squeeze out the excess water. Using a food processor or blender, chop up the tofu so that it's easier to work with.
- Place the chopped tofu, peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and soymilk in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and again beat until thoroughly combined. You may have to scrape down the bowl a few times and beat on the highest speed. A food processor or blender will work for this as well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and cover; refrigerate several hours until set.