Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very good recipe given to me by a co-worker, Cheryl Cole.
- 1 butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven at 325 F degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan. Place chpped pecans in the bottom of the pan. Mix the rest of the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl for 4 minutes. Pour into pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and poke holes with a fork, immediately spoon on the Rum Glaze, let stand 30 minutes.
This turned out just perfect for me. I made just as written except that I increased the pecans to 1 cup. I poked holes in the cake while it was still in the pan and drizzled a good bit of glaze in. Then turned the cake out and glazed it from the top. Very moist and tender with just the right amount of bite from the rum. This will become a holiday tradition for us. Thanks for sharing!