- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light butter (I use Keller's Light Stick Butter)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener, I use Splenda
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, cook the raisins, water, butter, cinnamon & nutmeg until the butter is melted and the continue to cook for about 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into your large mixer bowl. Add the raisin mixture when cooled and mix well.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.