1/1 Photo of Cheryl's Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
1 hr 15 mins
This delicious quick bread recipe is very moist and very sweet- more like a cake than a bread. A former neighbor of mine shared this recipe with me after we received a loaf as a holiday gift. Thank you Cheryl!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less, I use half)
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/8 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter flavor extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 2Grease and flour two regular size loaf pans.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together.
- 4In another bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and oil.
- 5Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk into the egg mixture, mixing between each addition by hand.
- 6Stir in poppyseeds (yes, it really is 1 1/2 Tbsp) and flavorings.
- 7Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake at 350 F for 1 hour, or until cake tests done (you may need another 15 minutes baking time).
- 8When baked, set the loaf pans on a rack (leaving loaves in pans).
- 9Combine glaze ingredients and pour all over the still warm loaves (if you like, poke holes in the surface with a skewer before pouring glaze so that it leaks into the bread).
- 10The center of the bread will be very, very moist- almost wet from the glaze.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheryl's Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.5
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 204.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g