Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my own version of what my hubby admired in the restaurants. it is an easy but impressive thing.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- black pepper
- 1 can crabmeat
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 24 medium mushroom caps
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream in mixer till smooth.
- Add oregano,Tabasco and pepper to taste.
- Hand stir in the crab meat.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place caps in escargot dishes or tiny oven casseroles.
- Heap filling onto caps to overflowing (you might have some left over for more, also freezes well) sprinkle with more oregano; top with mozzarella.
- Mix bread crumbs and butter together, and sprinkle over top of caps.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes then turn broiler on to brown bread crumbs on top for another 5 or so minutes.
- These are great to make ahead also, prepare in the morning and just heat for an additional 5 minutes.(so 35min.)
These are very yummy! I've ate them many times and can't wait to try them again!
Very nice. These make a good side dish .