Cheryl's own mushroom caps
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream in mixer till smooth.
- Add oregano,Tabasco and pepper to taste.
- Hand stir in the crab meat.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place caps in escargot dishes or tiny oven casseroles.
- Heap filling onto caps to overflowing (you might have some left over for more, also freezes well) sprinkle with more oregano; top with mozzarella.
- Mix bread crumbs and butter together, and sprinkle over top of caps.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes then turn broiler on to brown bread crumbs on top for another 5 or so minutes.
- These are great to make ahead also, prepare in the morning and just heat for an additional 5 minutes.(so 35min.)