Recipe by senseicheryl
My friend Jessica from work asked if I had any recipes for Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was sure that I did! I put this recipe together special for her...
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I don't use these because of possible allergies) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Gradually add this mixture to the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts, if you are using them.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. I use my Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop for this. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.