Recipe by senseicheryl
This is my own version of a sour cream chicken lightened up to fit more into our families needs.
Top Review by muncheechee
This was outstanding - mostly because my hubby couldn't tell it was healthy. He said, "How could I not like something that's so creamy and cheesy." Well, I hadn't added any cheese... that's just how good it was. The only changes I made was to use wheat saltine crackers since that's all I had in the pantry and I didn't use any oil to cook the chicken in. I think the next time I will try different spices on the chicken...taco seasoning would be great. I love when my hubby tells me that I have to make a dish again... he said that at dinner last night between mmmmmm sounds :) Thank you for posting this healthy recipe!
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 4.92 ml dried oregano (optional)
- 4.92 ml dried basil (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 226.79 g nonfat sour cream, Penn Maid
- 304.75 g 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 25 ritz whole wheat crackers
- 118.29 ml light butter, melted, I use Keller's Light Stick Butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with Olive Oil cooking spray (I use a glass pyrex dish).
- Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces trimming the excess fat and brown over medium heat in the olive oil. Add oregano, basil (if using for flavor), salt and pepper. Stir until chicken looks cooked through.
- When the chicken is done, pour into your prepared pan and spread it out so that it's even.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sour cream and the soup. Spoon this mixture over the chicken spreading it out to cover.
- Place the crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush to fine crumbs. Spread the crackers over the chicken/soup mixture.
- Spoon the melted butter over the crackers.
- Bake until top is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.