This is my own version of a sour cream chicken lightened up to fit more into our families needs.
Make and share this Cheryl's Healthy & Light Sour Cream Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream, Penn Maid
- 10 3⁄4 ounces 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 25 ritz whole wheat crackers
- 1⁄2 cup light butter, melted, I use Keller's Light Stick Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with Olive Oil cooking spray (I use a glass pyrex dish).
- Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces trimming the excess fat and brown over medium heat in the olive oil. Add oregano, basil (if using for flavor), salt and pepper. Stir until chicken looks cooked through.
- When the chicken is done, pour into your prepared pan and spread it out so that it's even.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sour cream and the soup. Spoon this mixture over the chicken spreading it out to cover.
- Place the crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush to fine crumbs. Spread the crackers over the chicken/soup mixture.
- Spoon the melted butter over the crackers.
- Bake until top is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.