1/1 Photo of Cheryl's Healthy & Light Sour Cream Chicken
This is my own version of a sour cream chicken lightened up to fit more into our families needs.
My Private Note
8 x 8 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream, Penn Maid
- 10 3/4 ounces 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 25 ritz whole wheat crackers
- 1/2 cup light butter, melted, I use Keller's Light Stick Butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with Olive Oil cooking spray (I use a glass pyrex dish).
- 3Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces trimming the excess fat and brown over medium heat in the olive oil. Add oregano, basil (if using for flavor), salt and pepper. Stir until chicken looks cooked through.
- 4When the chicken is done, pour into your prepared pan and spread it out so that it's even.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix together the sour cream and the soup. Spoon this mixture over the chicken spreading it out to cover.
- 6Place the crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush to fine crumbs. Spread the crackers over the chicken/soup mixture.
- 7Spoon the melted butter over the crackers.
- 8Bake until top is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheryl's Healthy & Light Sour Cream Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.4
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 703.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of chicken soup