Recipe by senseicheryl
I have been reading a lot about the Acai berry lately and how healthy it is and I really wanted to come up with some way to get the benefits of the berry without too many calories that are in juice. Well, here is what I've come up with. I was looking into buying the Mona Vie health juice with not only the Acai berry, but a lot of other healthy fruits but it was so expensive that my husband put his foot down and said "no way!" So I decided to find a mixed juice that contains the Acai berry and to add just a small amount to my morning cereal. This sort of has the texture of oatmeal (a bit mushy) so please keep that in mind.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal, Extra Fiber
- 1 medium apple, diced (or if you prefer another fruit that would be fine too or you could even try a Weight Watchers Yogurt)
- 2 ounces juice, containing the Acai Berry (I've tried V8 Fusion and also Tropicana Pure)
- 4 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or whatever your taste prefers)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 cup water (or as much as you prefer, I don't measure, I just pour it in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the cereal into a bowl.
- Add the Splenda, Cinnamon and Wheat Germ.
- Dice up the apple, leaving on the skin. (I use my mini food processor). This is where you can feel free to substitute a Weight Watchers 1 Point Yogurt or some other type of fresh fruit that is 1 point.
- Add the water (I use hot but I'm sure it doesn't matter if it starts out cold).
- Add the juice.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- If not hot enough for your taste, microwave another 30 seconds or so.